Sunday, December 13, 2009

I Love Christmas!


We had a great neighborhood, progressive holiday party last night. It started at my house with the appetizers, so of course, I cleaned and decorated like a maniac all day. It didn't help that our crooked Christmas tree fell over on Friday and we couldn't get it to stay up. So we did the logical thing and returned it! (Hey, if you pay that much for a live tree, you don't want lean it against a wall or cut three feet off the bottom just to get it to stand up.) My husband came home with a beautiful 10-foot tree late Friday and of course, we had to wait for the branches to fall in order to string the lights. So, at 3 PM in the afternoon (the party started at 6:30 PM), we had an undecorated tree, dirty, muddy floors, pine needles, boxes and ornaments strewn everywhere, and only half the downstairs cleaned. With my husband's help, we opened our doors at 6:30 on the dot, showered and dressed with a perfectly decorated tree and a clean house (I just had to tackle anyone who tried to use the upstair's bathroom).
In this blog post, I'm sharing some of my pictures (and easy ideas) for frolicking, festive fun...
For example, my friend, Mary, dropped off bundles of magnolia leaves (thanks Mary!) and it took me about 10 minutes to create simple, but elegant swags for my indoor windows ( I have no money for art, so my walls are decorated with old salvaged windows, rusty, iron fences and a screen door frame). I just clipped a few of the branches, secured them with floral wire and tied festive ribbon (that I picked up at Michael's for 80% off last year). Next blog...more ideas!

No comments: