Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Different Type of Window Treatment

I don't like to sew, even though I have a sewing machine. I'm always looking for new ideas for window treatments that keep me away from the dreaded sewing machine, such as this one in my kitchen (above). I used a piece of antique lace that I bought as a souvenir from a trip I took to Montreal years ago; I added the stained glass window I purchased at The Barn Sale ($4...no kidding!) and love the results.

I have a window in my large closet and to finish off my organization project, I was looking for an idea.  I saw these on Pinterest and it got me thinking:


And, this one really got me thinking....
I have two antique windows that used to decorate my living room wall and they are just waiting for a new place to reside. I carried one upstairs and draped an antique tablecloth over it...ta da! My new window treatment. (Sorry about the photo...it's hard to take photos in a narrow closet with little light and the evening photos looked terrible.)

Linking to:



10 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

that looks pretty and soft!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Such beautiful images. Love the lace curtain and love the idea of the ripped valance too!

Jamie said...

beautiful! and I love all the other examples of interesting window treatments

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Very beautiful! I love the lace. Can't believe you got a stained glass window for $4. One lucky gal you are!
Hugs,
Jann

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I love this old window layered over a new window... with lace! Great idea!

love it!
Pat

Mimi said...

Just love the way these curtains look at the window. Perfect!

Hancey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Take a look at the last 3 pictures. I think putting blinds or shades on those windows would spruce it up a bit. Roman shades would do well with those. Basically, roman shades are made of curtain-type fabric, so you could design those according to your personal tastes.

Roxie Tenner

Katie said...

The delicate cluster of crystal drops is what I like the most. I think if I have that kind of window, I would often hark back to great memories in the past. Haha! It has an effect of making you reminisce about something. ;))

Katie Nicoll

Unknown said...

Oh! I don't know what to pick! Everything's so intricately beautiful! However, what I’m rooting for most is the array of drop crystals. They look like droplets of water glimmering from a far. Although nothing can beat a classic roman shade with great fabric in it. :D

Lenore Rushford