Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Creating in an Artist's Paradise

I had a wonderful weekend visiting with my sister and her family and my parents. We were all celebrating my niece's first holy communion. Maddie looked so special and beautiful in her flowing white dress and she wore the tiara that my sister and me wore on our first communion and my mom wore on her wedding day. 
Before the festivities (and after) my sister and I spent quality time creating in her amazing jewelry (craft) room. While my sis created her beautiful and unique pieces, I enjoyed "shopping" her incredible selection of supplies. Every time I said, "I wish I had..." she would say, "look over there" or "It's in the box marked..."She has a plethora of inks, papers, embossing tools, vintage jewelry...well, you name it, she's got it! I created so many fun things (which I will share later this week).
Her craft room is super organized, which inspired me to spend hours organizing my little space. As you can see in the before and after photos, I worked hard. If you know me, my house used to be organized, but with three boys and a messy husband, I had to surrender! I just manage to keep it clean, but it is cluttered. So, I asked myself after visiting Stacie, "since I have this little space in the back of my closet, why not strive for organization there?" The results are amazing. That's not to say that I'm neat when I'm creating, (ask Stacie) but now I have a place for everything and when I'm finished it looks great (for the back of a closet, that is). BEFORE and AFTER:

3 comments:

stacie said...

Thanks for all of your nice compliments. I am impressed with your new & improved craft space. You could enter the photo's on HGTV!

Allison said...

New space looks great! Before and afters are so fun!

Pam said...

Your redo on the craft area looks organized with a real effective use of space. How nice to have a special place for just your own artistic work. Yeah! Pam @ Sallygoodin