Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New Beginnings

We had a whirlwind trip to New England to take my oldest to college. Drove up yesterday and came back today...I'm exhausted. I plan to go back for parent's weekend in October when I can spend just a little more time with him, and actually enjoy the area. I miss him and his great sense of humor already!

My other son's started school this week, too. Both seem to be very happy with their teachers and class.

I have some news...I just lost my studio space and I am moving everything out tomorrow and into my garage (husband isn't too happy). As a result, I'm trying to sell all my hand-painted furniture and just concentrate on my etsy stores. As much as I love to hand paint furniture, I just don't have a place to do it and the time to actually market it.

I do have some unpainted things that I will probably finish up within a few weeks and post them on my local Craigslist. If they don't sell, I'm going to bring them to a craft fair in December (but, I just want to sell them so we can park our car in the winter). Anyway, things happen for a reason...maybe it's just my time to move on to a new creative outlet (or perhaps one that takes up less space)!

One of my favorite pieces is pictured here. I meant for it to be a child's table, but I think it would look kind of pretty in a shabby chic household just about anywhere!

1 comment:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i am so sorry you lost your space over there- how did that happen? looking forward to w/d next month! i do really just love fall.... everything about it. the cool air, the gray skies mixed with the orange and yellow leaves, and of course the wonderful aromas and foods! and the anticipation of the holiday season and spending time with loved ones. what is not to like?