Saturday, October 23, 2010

Boxing Day!















Boxing Day began in England, in the nineteenth century, under Queen Victoria. Boxing Day was a way for the upper class to give gifts of cash, or other goods, to those of the lower classes.

This Boxing Day is different ... it’s mine! For some reason, every tag, estate and yard sale I went to had cool boxes! So…I loaded up on them…as you can see.  And, here’s what I’ve been doing with them. These are going to be marketed as jewelry or keepsake boxes.



The new bigger ones (picture on very top and to the left) are much longer, deeper and roomier and I’m not exactly sure what I’ll do with them after painting and embellishing them. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Cassie Bustamante said...

those look great, renee! and yes, i see that we definitely had one in common!!