Saturday, November 27, 2010

Flea Market Finds and Craft Show Prep

Wow! Where did the time go? We just said goodbye to my parents who came down to spend Thanksgiving with us. We had a blast. Dad and I went to the flea market this morning (didn't get much, except for a picture frame and this cool old stove thingie). I don't know what it is actually, except my Dad said it's from an old coal stove. Does anyone know what it is?

Mom helped me set up a dry run for my craft show booth in my living room and boy, am I glad we did! We found lots of things that didn't work just quite right. For example, I planned on hanging all my hand painted signs on shutters so people could see them. It worked fine until I hung one that was a little heavier and then the shutters closed on us, sending everything to the floor ... oops! We worked it out by nailing the shutters in place. That would have been a disaster! We also found that even with plenty of my hand painted furniture, we still didn't have enough table top space for all my jewelry boxes, so I'll be bringing one of my end tables. I'm still working on it, but my Mom was a lot of help and so was Dad, as he got one of the vanity drawers unstuck!

So, if you are doing a craft show for the first time, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND, setting it up first.

I hope you all had a great holiday. In addition to my parents, we had another family over for Thanksgiving and we ate tons of food. It was so good. My son goes back to school tomorrow. His flight leaves at 6:30 AM ... guess who's going to bed extra early tonight?!

5 comments:

Beth Adams said...

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family!
http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/

The Kramer Angle said...

Hi Renee,

Where/when is the craft fair? I'd love to check it out!

Gail Kramer

Carmen said...

You were smart to do that! I didn't and I brought a lot of things I didn't need. Now that I've done one, I think I'll be fine. Hey, good luck with your sales! I know you'll do wonderful!! Wish I could see it! Photos? :)

Allison said...

Happy Thanksgiving Renee!
The dry run for set up is a great idea. I don't know why I never tried it...? Glad you had a great time with family!

stacie said...

Glad Mom helped with the trial set up! Things should go better for the show this Saturday. Can't wait to come to visit!