Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Uncle George

Just got back from my hometown of Pittsburgh. I got to see all my cousins and family, however, it was a sad occasion because my only uncle -- Uncle George-- passed away. 


He took me on my first camping trip and my first spelunking (cave exploring) experience. He was quite the guy...served his country, taught physics for 33 years at Moon Township high school, founded the school's Adventure Club, bicycled his way across the USA, was a certified hypnotist, a member of the Knights of Columbus, parachuted out of an airplane, rode in a hot air balloon, invented all sorts of contraptions, and most importantly raised four children. 


We will miss his lively sense of humor and his adventurous spirit.

1 comment:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

So sorry about the loss of your uncle. He sounds like quite a guy. I'll bet you got some of your creativeness and adventuresome spirit from him. I know you'll miss him.