Friday, March 23, 2012

Launch

I love to dress up, but you wouldn't know it if you saw me every day. Yes, I live in "activewear." It works for my lifestyle - kids, sports, sports, sitting at my computer, kids, sports. Anyway, this morning I got a chance to play dress up as I was part of a local magazine launch party. It was held on the rooftop of a local restaurant. The magazine, Chesapeake Taste, is a fun, new regional publication that highlights stories specific to the unique Chesapeake region. I'm writing for this publication and just getting to know all the great people involved makes me even more excited about writing for them. They aren't very formal so unless they're hosting a party, I won't get much chance to dress up again, but that's okay, I have a lot of activewear.
Featured above is me, on left holding coffee (of course), and my friend, Marghi, who makes awesome jewelry. Her etsy shop is not currently open, but you can see some of her interesting and beautiful jewelry on her facebook page, Divine Planet.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

it was a beautiful day to be having lunch on a rooftop ~ lucky! Im a magazine horder so im always excited to hear of a new one (especially local) starting. :)

MakePaducah said...

love this! a lovely day out!
blessings,
kijsa

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

Renee, I was typing so fast and mispelled your name previously! Very uneditor of me. You look beautiful in this picture! Hope you are enjoying your new writing assignments. Parties are always good!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I'm right there with you. I love dressing up but don't get a chance to very often. I have lots of "lounge" wear.

Congrats on your writing assignment!