Monday, June 4, 2012

A Perfect Party

I couldn't figure out what to title this post..."One Down, One to go," "Wheh," "The Party's Over"...it was such a great day and everything turned out so well, I have to say, it was a perfect party. As you may know, my son graduated on Friday and we wanted to throw a party worthy of the celebration. I had the help of my neighbors and in-laws--everyone took a small chunk of my worries away and God provided such incredible weather. Below, the guest of honor serves up some fun...
When my oldest son graduated three years ago, we threw a combination party with three other neighborhood kids and it was great. This time we were on our own and I wanted it to be just as nice, but without three other families, we couldn't afford a band and caterers. No worries.
My husband rigged up the speakers and my oldest son came up with a playlist for music. I began cooking three days ahead and my neighbor made his famous Carolina pulled pork (awesome). My mother- and father-in law helped me clean and provided dozens of cookies. We set up volleyball, corn hole and just let the day take its course. Guests came and stayed long after the party ended (which was fine as it was a lunch party).
Here are some decoration highlights:
Before the party...all ready to go!

Banner created out of maps (since my son will be traveling this year).


Centerpieces - simple flower pots and again the map theme.


Food was also relatively simple -- loads of fruit, pulled chicken and pork, pasta salad, Mandarin orange green leaf salad and tons of desserts -- cookies, oreo cookie truffles (easy to make) and of course, Sam's Club creme puffs.

A few scenes of guests having fun...




My father-in-law (left) and my dad... 

7 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks great and like everyone had a lot of fun! love the table pennants!

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Looks like a blast of a party!!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Looks like my favorite kind of party!

Ali Richardson said...

LOVE the map theme...especially the flags in the flower pots :)

stacie said...

The party was great :) Very relaxing & I enjoyed meeting Nolan's great girlfriend.

Anca said...

It looks like an amazing time :D

http://www.101fashionstreet.com/

Carrie from Sam's Club said...

Renee, way to go! Nolan’s graduation party definitely looks like it was a success and your map banner was such a creative idea! Congratulations to your son on his recent accomplishments and thanks for shopping with us at Sam’s Club! -Ramona from Sam’s Club