Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Powder Room Reveal: Don Your Sunglasses

So, this room is bright. I'm getting used to it and stenciling has toned it down somewhat. I used a maple leaf stencil that a friend of mine designed about 17 years ago. The old stencil was in bad shape so I traced it onto a new stencil film. Since I dislike math, I just eyeballed the placement. It worked out well.
I love this stencil.
I also added dots to make it a little fun. Anyway, I told you my maple leafs make me happy, so here they are in all their glory against a bright lime background...whoa!


 Took these with my cellphone and the lighting isn't perfect, but you get the picture (no pun intended).



I spray painted the bottom part of a birdcage to hold magazines.


 I'm still working on accessories such as my wastebasket. Why are they so darn expensive? Seriously, you throw trash in them. I just spray painted this one and paint lime dots on it in the meantime.



A friend told me to purchase some daylight lightbulbs and she was right, they do make it look better...especially at night. I might just get used to this lime.

6 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i am very much an eyeballer and so far it has worked out ok! :) it is bright, but i think it is fun for a powder room!

Jamie said...

So fun! You might have just inspired me to paint something green :)

Nita Stacy said...

Oh...it is bright and cheerful. Love that you just picked a great color and went with it. Now I think the room needs some turquoise or aqua!

stacie said...

I think it turned out great! Love how the stencils look.

Beth said...

Love this Renee!!! Great color choice! I'm a sucker for color : )

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Instead of trash cans, look at flower pots. I bought a metal one at Michael's with a 40% off coupon. It's square and has feet. It even came with a plastic liner. I think I paid $8 for it.