Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Finally, The Kitchen Reveal

Well, here it is. I am finally posting after 6 months...the kitchen was finished before that!! I'm just so busy with my job and life that I literally never have time to post anymore. Head back to this post to see The Befores.

Now for the afters:


I absolutely love my new kitchen. The white paint really brightens up things and contrasts well with the dark steel granite countertops - love these by the way!!!
We changed out the knobs with antique bronze to given it some warmth. And, don't get me started about this backsplash...love it!!!


We ended up taking out the desk area and put in a coffee bar and more storage. This way, I don't have to run back and forth to the family room to grab my mixer, waffle maker, etc. Way more useful space now.


My favorite thing in the kitchen is my transformed island. I love the look of the dark gray with the quartzite countertop. I must say though that the island countertop is quite a pain because it etches -- if you leave anything acidic on it, there goes the shine. We even have it protected with a sealant. It doesn't stain, though (unless you were to leave something on it overnight), so we just have to be careful. Using it to prepare meals is tough, but using it for baking works just fine.


I'm still debating on the painting the back of the glass cabinets a warmer hue. I just don't like the coldness of the gray so I'm thinking of picking up the light rust from the backsplash. What do you think?

Is anyone still out there?


6 comments:

Nita Stacy said...

Very pretty! I love the countertop on the island. I want to do that in my own kitchen. Thanks for the nice comment about Franklin

Renee said...

Thanks Nita!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Great reno, Renee! Everything looks so fresh...love the backsplash. I think you're right, picking up a color from the backsplash to paint the back of the upper cabinets would be perfect. So proud for you!

Cassie Bustamante said...

the island looks amazing and i love that backsplash! such a great space!

Unknown said...

Just discovered your site and I love it!and This kitchen is absolutely fabulous!! Love everything about it, 

Poulin Design Center
Kitchen Cabinet Santa Fe

Home Stars said...

Kitchen design is the most desirable activities by any home-owner. The information you have shared is very informative.

Furniture Store Denver
Kitchen Cabinets Parker