Friday, September 24, 2010

From Drab to Fab

About a month ago, I was at the Goodwill store and saw four of these great square frames for a mere $12. Not bad, I thought; I can do something with these! And I  did! If you recall previous posts, I revealed my "Pretty in Pink, Dragonfly" and "Frog" mirrors, however, I had one left and really wanted to use my new paints. After seeing the calendar for the CSI project, I got to work, painting it a lovely shade of this year's hottest color, turquoise! 


I then stamped it with French script. However, it needed more...ribbon? No. Vintage jewelry? Nah. Hmm, how about those three wood flowers that have been sitting in my wood scrap drawer? Yes, those would do! So after painting the flowers with black acrylic, I added some vintage white buttons and thensecured them with Gorilla Glue to the wood frame. The result? A pretty turquoise "Printemps" accent mirror. 
I'm linking to: 
Visit thecsiproject.com

3 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

so pretty, renee! i don't think i have anything new to show off in turquoise. we'll see! i may have to dig back! i know i have done tons in turquoise though. :)

mandi @ vintage revivals said...

Hey Renee! Cute frame! I love that you got it at the goodwill! Come on over to v.r. and link up your "junk"

love your guts
mandi

Carmen said...

Those turned out so cute! I love those Malma(?) mirrors. I do a framed teacup craft with those. I need my hubby to fix his machine before I can make more though. Oh, btw...you won on my blog!