Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Getting There


Well, the tile is in place for the kids’ bathroom..see the nice shade of rust and brown to hide well water stains? Used up the leftover tile from my bathroom, too! Next up, dry wall repair, which means I’ll have to say good bye to this lovely beach mural done by a local artist…on to the next phase.

I loved the ceiling in my before bathroom – navy blue with gold stars. Now, I plan on painting it a dark brown and no stars – my boys are growing up!

The walls will be a medium tan, but I still want to bring some whimsy into the space because I have a 10-year old. I’m thinking, since we have a white tub, sinks and toilet, to paint some sort of white silhouette on the wall with the window (basically, the only wall). Not exactly sure what, though. My 10 year old likes the beach so something maybe something beachy – sea grass?  ideas?

And, I’m still up in the air about the shower curtain and window treatment. I used a regular (well, it was cool) bath towel for the window treatment before and tied it up with nautical rope since I had a nautical theme going on. However, after 15 years living in Annapolis, I'm way beyond nautical themes. 


Any ideas, blogland? Remember, this has to appeal to a growing fourth grader and a teenager…
Linking to:

1 comment:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i think a sailcloth would make a cool and masculine shower curtain.