Saturday, January 29, 2011

Soft White and Blue

A while back I received my grandmother's vanity, armoire, and dresser....1920's art deco. Lovely. Used the dresser and armoire forever, as is, because the wood was so pretty on them. However, the vanity sat in my basement and sat, and sat. It was sad.

So, another while back, I pulled it out and it was happy. But, it still looked sad.

So, I sanded, primed and painted it, a beautiful off-white. And, now it looked happy, too.
I added little touches of blue to match the color of my walls and hand painted the flower to mimic the fabric toss pillows I have on my bed...pillows placed only when company comes.
Now, that's one happy vanity!

















I'm linking to
Songbird's, Why I Love White Party.

8 comments:

Shellyhectic said...

So talented, the vanity is beautiful!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

The vanity is so sweet. I love the beautiful blue touches you added!
Sherry

A Vintage Vine said...

Wow! She is so beautiful! Love it and thanks for sharing!

Nan Burger said...

I love your blog! I also looked at your profile and see that you're a reader. We've read some of the same books! Beautiful job on your grandmother's furniture and such a cherished memory! -Nan at YouCouldMakeThat.blogspot.com

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

This looks so beautiful and HAPPY! The blue detail really makes it extra special.

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

How beautiful! What a great keepsake!

Tara Lauren said...

You did an amazing job!

*become one of my newest followers to enter the giveaway for the GC to WestElm! www.lldecor.blogspot.com

Marianne said...

Oh Yeah! That is one happy vanity. So happy that you managed to give a personal heirloom like that a new life. You really made her shine again.

I finally found a quiet morning to visit everybody again and actually leave a comment this time.
Thank you again for playing in my We Love White linky party!