Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Little Paris

I barely have time to craft, but I did last weekend before soccer, lacrosse and wrestling! I found this little suitcase box in my stash and went to work. I painted it a light buttermilk (because it was on my craft table after I painted all of my heart charms). I also found this pretty Paris label in my stash and used gel medium to secure it.

Inside, I added some velvet paper to the bottom (so jewelry is protected) and then I used gel medium to attach all these bits of mulberry paper. Oh, I stamped the mulberry  paper with French script and Paris postage symbols before I ripped it to shreds and secured it. I love the transparent result.
After all the gel was dried, I lightly antiqued it with a soft sponge and Tim Holtz Distress ink (I love that stuff). Happy that it turned out the way it did.

Linking to: Jennifer Rizzo  and Common Ground and A Little Knick Knack

5 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

super cute! i love the shape and handle on that little box! it would be a fun gift filled with seeds for a gardener!

Jamie said...

this is so sweet! I can't believe you found time to do this with all the activities you had!!!

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with this! You are very crafty, indeed. So cute~great job!
melinda

Donna said...

Oooh, la, la! I love your box, the label is perfect! You did a great job on the distressing, and the velvet lining is a nice touch!

Ali Richardson said...

Pretty!! I love it :)