Monday, December 11, 2017

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


We had our first snowfall here and it was just enough to make it seem like it really is the Christmas season. My home got a light dusting of Christmas, too. I didn't go overboard like I usually do, but here are my favorite areas: First, up: the living room:


I apologize for the lighting on the following pictures, but if I wait for a sunny day, these will never get posted. I should have taken them all at once because the lighting was really good for the ones in the living room. Oh well, lessons learned.

Second: Little vignette in the hallway:




















The Kitchen:
I love this window sill, but since we've added the screened porch, the light doesn't come through as much and it's not as spectacular as it once was with the sun shining through the blue bottles. It still makes me smile while doing dishes, though. I love that I have everything in my yard to clip -- the holly and pine, that is. Flowers are from Trader Joes.





Family room: I haven't really moved beyond this point with my decorations. Slowly, but surely!



Notice the shiplap on the wall. P.S. It's not "real" shiplap. Post about that to come. Well, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all just in case I don't get back here before that!
Linking to Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday; click here

1 comment:

Cristina Garay said...

Oh, we also got a good amount of snow during the weekend, but it's already gone! Well, I'm not complaining. That's the way I like it.
I adore your fireplace! You've added just the right amount of decor, love those frames and the little sparkle the ornaments gives it. Beautiful!