Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fun Finds!

Ah, the thrill of the hunt...
Driving up to Severna Park in the early hours of Saturday morning, I anticipated a gold mine of treasures waiting for me. A daycare was closing and the thought of all those small tables, chairs and a rocking chair (advertised) had my creative juices up to blender speed. When I got there, however, a big disappointment -- plastic everything and the rocking chair was for a big person and much too nice for me to sand and paint over. I got back in my car, got a cup of joe and decided to make the most of my morning adventures. I saw a sign up ahead -- multi-family yard sale. As I pulled up to the homes, again, I was disappointed. But...but, wait! What was that ahead? Cars stopping and people getting out, some of them carrying items? As I pulled up to the curb, I saw it...a lone round table...just the right size. As it turns out, it wasn't supposed to be for sale, but I ended up getting it, two chairs and two adorable sailboat shaped mirrors!!!
I actually went over my spend limit, but the chances of finding all this in one place are usually slim to none, so I pulled out those dollar bills, packed up my car and went home (well, actually to a soccer game).
I got up this morning...too excited too sleep and sketched about ten different possibilities. I can't wait to paint! I'm thinking, this is how it should be...follow your passion.

No comments: