Thursday, November 12, 2009

Works in Progress

Almost completed a few pieces today...the nautical mirror needs one more coat of sealer and it's ready! The darling little rocking chair is ready for sealer. I found a great non-toxic, earth-friendly furniture sealer. I had to buy online because the only place that carries it is near DC and it was easier just to pay shipping than to fight traffic (gas probably would have cost me as much as shipping, too). It's from a company called Vermont Natural Coatings and it's a polywhey furniture finish/sealer. It's great stuff -- virtually no smell, goes on smoothly and dries to a nice sheen. It's a little on the expensive side, but so far, a little seems to go a long way. I'm heading back this weekend if the rain continues...otherwise, I'll be on the sidelines cheering for Kellen's soccer team and working the concession stands at Broadneck...ah, the life of a soccer mom!

No comments: