Saturday, November 21, 2009

Roadblocks



UGh! Spent many hours painting, only to find out that the paint on some of the furniture was bad and to top it off, the polywhey semi-gloss I used turned my perfectly lovely dragonfly mirror an awful amber. I'm calling the company on Monday; that shouldn't happen. So, what I did all Friday and Saturday was sand and repaint...not fun, but necessary. I didn't even get a chance to go to all the garage sales lined up for the afternoon. I felt totally unproductive, but there are always roadblocks and usually when you get to the other side, it's smooth sailing.
On a brighter note (actually very bright) I'm painting an adorable table and chairs set in vibrant beachy colors. It's looking great so far and I'm having a little better luck with this set. (Don't you love the lime green on this chair?) I also painted a pine bookcase in the palest of blues and can't wait to see how they all turn out!

No comments: