Saturday, February 27, 2010

Creating Hope


Hope. This was a theme challenge given to me by my friend Beth for her JDRF silent auction. I so enjoyed working with a theme in mind. (Those who know me well, know that I love themes!) I really stretched my creativity this time and decided to do some mixed media on canvas (above). It was great fun as I first covered the canvas in alcohol inks, then added layers of paper and fabric. I love how it turned out. The other piece I did is more in line with what  usually do...a distressed ink look in amber and black. I did add a bit of shimmer to the flowers (a shimmer of hope) but you can't tell from the photos.

I'm thinking of selling some of my collages on Etsy, a great sight for artists to share and sell their creative works. My sister has a shop on Etsy where she sells her jewelry at www.staciejewelry.esty.com. There are some really great artists on the site. One of my favorites is Danny Phillips, who creates mixed media on reclaimed wood. His shop is www.etsy.com/shop/dannyphillipsart

2 comments:

stacie said...

I love both of these collages! Thanks for the plug!

Carmen said...

I love your collages too! They are very different and I love that! It's my first time visiting here. Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog!