Wednesday, March 10, 2010

College and Collage Crazy

I did it! I survived having my son's college lacrosse team at my house for dinner...those boys (or should I say, men) can eat! I went through 138 pierogies, two pans of lasagna, and 45 bratwurst sandwiches! Two other mom's were gracious enough to offer up an assortment of fruits, veggies and a salad, a delicious coffee punch, and of course, an array of desserts! By the end of the night, I was exhausted, but they were all so nice and polite...it was great fun. The best part of the day was being able to watch my son play in goal against Goucher College, right in his home state.

From college to collage...I'm going a little crazy on collages lately. Above is one I made for our entrance way. I really wanted one with our family name so I went to work on a dollar store find...a little sign that said "Boat House." Since we don't own a boat, or a boat house for that matter, I just decoupaged over the words, slapped some wall paint around the edges and went to work. I had to strategically place the tree to cover a seam in the paper, and then I had to improvise after I placed the letters...I love how it turned out.

Another collage I made was inspired by this little poem I found in an antique book..."Mornings on the Beach." I tried to capture the colors of the morning sun just by layering papers over one another. The last collage I made was for my friend's fundraiser (on the right). It's called "Believe" and I believe it works! I painted the canvas background with acrylics and then went to work, antiquing the music sheets, cutting, and pasting. More on the way....

4 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh i love the sign- very cute!

stacie said...

Glad to hear you survived the dinner! I love the Welcome sign. Maybe you should custom make them and sell them on etsy!

Loris said...

Your blog is beautifully artistic.

Carmen said...

VERY nice!! Love the way you've incorporated the sheet music!