Saturday, March 20, 2010

Wine and Design



We had our first “Friday Night Wine and Design” at my friend Cassie’s home (and what a lovely home it is) last night. It’s a little group that she and I started, inspired by sister’s craft group that meets once a month in Frederick. The premise: gather a group of crafty gals like us, serve wine and treats and make it an artistically productive night by creating a little something for our homes. This night we re-created flower pots (see the results in these photos). Cassie and I designed house number pots and others included pretty pots with chalkboard paint (so you can write what you are growing on the pot – such as basil), stencil pots and polka dot-fingerprint pots (artistically painted by Cassie’s adorable children).



We had so much fun sharing ideas that if we could we would make it a weekly event, but we do have kids and lives and jobs, so once a month it is! We are open for ideas on what to make for our next get-together (although we are brimming with ideas right now, we would love input from all you creative types out there).


I'm now working hard on finishing some furniture and will post on my website soon. I’m almost finished with a sweet shabby, but chic vanity…I just can’t find my pink paint to touch it up! And I think I’m so organized…

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous idea.....I never thought of labeling my herb pots like that. That is a great tip.....and I love the group idea. Gives me some thoughts.

Cassie Bustamante said...

thanks again! it was so much fun.... and i see my head in the background of a picture, naturally chowing down! :)
your pots look great- love the stencils on the back. i bought some plants for mine today and am going to pot them tomorrow and get a pic up. my mom's looks so good!!! she makes me sick!

Loris said...

Great idea!