Monday, January 9, 2012

Eye-Candy for the Organized Soul

 (Source) -Seriously, wouldn't this be awesome?

I'm facing a huge task...organizing my master bedroom closet and laundry room It's huge -- 22 feet long by 8 feet wide. In fact, it's every women's dream. Except- it isn't. It's a cluttered mess. A hall of shame. And every day for the past 5 or 6 years I have had to face it.
It's actually more than a closet, though. It's a storage area for my etsy shops, photographs, keepsakes, my husband's closet, my closet and my laundry room. We don't have dressers in our bedroom, so it houses all of our clothes -- in season and out of season. Those are my excuses, however, I need to do something about it. Really.
Once I am finished, I'll show you the before and after pictures, but for now, feast your eyes on all these lovely examples of organized closets and laundry rooms I found at Pinterest and MarthaStewart.com. My motivation...and maybe yours?
(Source)-love the colors in this room.

(Source) - simple, but easy way to control clutter.

(Source)-so clean and crisp.


(Source) - I love this idea --using your pillow cases to keep your linens together! Simple and brilliant. I'm going to go upstairs right now and do this in my linen closet.

(Source) Hmm, using a pegboard is a good idea.

Hope this inspires you. I'm heading upstairs. Linking to:
 The DIY Show Off

8 comments:

DIYbyDesign said...

I love the inspirational photos. I could look at organized closets all day long. Maybe there's a support group for that. Lol

Cassie Bustamante said...

i would LOVE to have a big and pretty laundry room! what a dream!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I love the blues and greens, too. I'm sure your newly-organinzed laundry room will be as inspiring as those you've shared.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the way the sheets are folded! Great idea! ♥

Unknown said...

I love the peg board idea- I may be stealing that one.

Kimberly said...

These are so pretty!! Great inspiration!

stacie said...

Love the first one. Wouldn't that be awesome? Keith would be in heaven!

Natasha in Oz said...

I'm trying to get my cupboards organised and have also pinned a couple of these ideas. I might try that Martha idea of folding the sheets into the pillowcases.

Best wishes and happy organising!
Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me