Monday, April 2, 2012

Springtime in Paris


The beautiful spring weather we've had for the past couple of weeks (minus a day or two) kind of inspired me to create a new sign. I was thinking “springtime in Paris” when I created this sign. Just in case you’re wondering, I did spend a couple of days in Paris in the spring, however, it was a little too chilly and rainy for me, but alas lovely.

I created this sign just like my French laundry signs – painting the scrap wood, stamping it and then painting, hand stamping and distressing each little letter – time consuming, but I love the results! I just work while I watch TV…American Idol (I love that show – who’s your favorite? I love Phil Phillips.) Okay, sorry, got a little sidetracked there.
Anyway, I can't decide between the polka dot lime green ribbon or the pretty light purple ribbon. Which one do you like better?

4 comments:

ANNE said...

Pretty sign!! and I like both ribbons altho I'm partial to purple :)

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That is sweet--love the message!

Ali Richardson said...

Pretty!!! My vote is for the purple ribbon.

Andi said...

Very pretty! I vote for the green!