Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Umm, What Happened to 40 Bags in 40 Days?

Okay. I admit it. I failed my 40 Bags in 40 Days Challenge. Well, not failed; I guess I got a C. Trying to get 40 bags of stuff out of your house is a lot harder than it sounds. After 40 days (16 days AWAY from home mind you), I managed 24. Not too shabby, but still. I did clean the mudroom, four closets and grabbed a couple other bags here and there.

And, to make matters worse, I keep adding to my collections...let's try exercise a bit of control here, Renee. But, they're little things such as these beautiful linens I grabbed at the flea market on Saturday (didn't show them in my other post because they were soaking in Oxyclean at the time). They were 5 for $1...how could anyone pass that up?
As you might remember, I often use vintage doilies and linens to wrap some of my pieces from my vintage etsy shop, Country Tag Sale.

So, at least I have plans for using and getting rid of these doilies, now for the other stuff I bought...I guess I'll have to wait until next year's 40 bag challenge!

4 comments:

DearHelenHartman said...

Now THERE'S a mind boggling challenge! 24 is pretty darn good though. Hooray for you.

Ali Richardson said...

WOW - that is a lot of stuff you got fird of. 40 bags or not, you did great!! I love those pretty doilies ;)

Shabby chic Sandy said...

You should consider yourself to have done great! You almost have to be a hoarder to have that many bags of stuff. I couldn't come up with that much!

Andi said...

I think you did an awesome job! Even one bag od stuff is better then none! And it is hard to pass up a good deal.