Sunday, March 14, 2010

A slow start...


Oh, I've been so unproductive lately. Feeling kind of blah and looking out at the pouring rain was no inspiration. However, Sunday (today) proved to be very, very productive and I am just bursting with ideas!

First, I did have a semi-productive Saturday, even though I ended the day with one heck of a headache. I was out early to get my haircut and stopped by one of my favorite charity consignment shops ( a place that supports a local hospice) on my way home. And what to my wondering eyes did I spy? A table full of 25 cent frames! That's right...antique, vintage and solid wood frames all for a mere 25 cents! I ended up with 12 that were either beautiful as is or would look fantastic with a coat of paint. They will frame my collages that I had so much fun making today. The one above features a cutout from one of my very favorite books, The Velveteen Rabbit. Of course, I didn't cut our copy of the book, but an older version that I found at a flea market. You can't see it on the photo, but I dusted the flower with a glittery, metallic powder to make it look magical. I plan on framing it in an antique frame. The other collage is a rework of one that I already had framed, but every time I looked at it, it seemed as if something was missing. I added the flower silhouette and metal tag and glued it to a new background.

On the furniture side, I am working on two bookcases for a friend's beach house and finally finished my darling little pale pink table. I'm now working on a vanity, too (pale pink, of course). Just to let you know, painting furniture lets me live a girl's life vicariously. There is not one thing PINK decor item in my house...it would probably end up tossed out (along with me)...boys!

No comments: