Friday, April 23, 2010

Inspirations









I was very busy at my sister's house last Friday and ended up staying busy all week so that I could put more things on my website (click on picture of dresser drawer all the way to the right). The Juvenile Diabetes fundraiser is this weekend in Pittsburgh and I'm offering 20% of all profits made from the website to JDRF. I suddenly realized that I really didn't have enough stuff on the site, so I went to work. Most of the creations were inspirational art collages such as the ones pictured above.  As many of you know, there is also hand-painted furniture for sale on the website. I’m busy trying to get two adorable sailboat mirrors finished so I actually have something to show in my “Mirrors” section.
On another note, if you live in my area and want a fun place to visit and shop this weekend, go visit the gals at The Barn Show. Open four times a year (every season), this small “upscale yard sale” event offers an eclectic mix of fun finds -- galvanized Vermont syrup buckets, antique chairs and other furniture, country signs and architectural salvage -- just to name a few. The beautiful setting, a barn in the middle of the Davidsonville countryside, makes you feel like you've stepped into a Martha Stewart magazine spread. For more info., visit www.thebarnshow.com. Some of my treasures include three unique containers/boxes and a really heavy wood panel from an old cabinet. I’m going to make it into a chalkboard for my office…someday.

1 comment:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i LOVE the barn show and always come away with treasures! i don't think i am going to make it this weekend and am so bummed, but glad you found some great items! looking forward to next fri night.