Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hello Winter

We had our first snowfall on Monday. Nothing accumulated, but it was pure magic. I was in the master bedroom closet trying to organize (arduous task) and came down and saw the big fluffy flakes pouring from the sky and got excited. So, abandoning my closet (I know, I know), I started putting away my Christmas stuff and adding little touches of winter to my home.
Bringing in pine and holly is the perfect way to add that magic, and it smells heavenly. Little sprigs are everywhere.

This is a leftover vignette from Christmas, but I think it looks more like winter than Christmas so, I'm keeping it up.

My mantle in winter white with antique frames, shabby candle holders...hmm, looks a little too white, maybe some more pine sprigs?

These snowflakes stay up all winter. If the real thing isn't there, at least I can still look out the window and see "snow."

On the kitchen table, I use the inside of an old toolbox and change it with the seasons -- in the fall, it's filled with mini pumpkins, gourds and in the winter, pine cones. 

Okay, back to the closet.
Linking to:
Common Ground
French Country Cottage

Visit thecsiproject.com

15 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I like your "snowflakes in the window." There's no snow predicted, but it's supposed to be in the low 20s tonight. That's very cold for the deep South. Brrr!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Love your frames on the mantle! Living in the deep South we hardly ever have snow but today the forecast is snow flurries!!

chateau chic said...

Liking your winter decor.
Your newest follower, Mary Alice

Ali Richardson said...

Everything looks gorgeous! I especially love the mantle and that tool box insert on your dining table!!! Yay for snow! this CA girl is super jealous :)

Simply Simplisticated said...

Hi there! I just adore your color palet:) The shades of creams mixed with wood it so beautiful! Thanks,Im following you now,stop over and chat sometime and follow me too:)) Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Oh, that box on your kitchen table! So perfect! And you have it styled beautifully.

Eileen said...

It all looks so good. I love the white mantle, and the tool box is awesome.. I just found a tool box and am planning something similar for my table. I have to get busy and clean it. I think the snowflakes hanging in the window are cute.

Revi said...

I love it! Winter whites are so pretty. :)
-Revi

L'Heure Bleue At Home said...

It's all so pretty. Love the antique frames and the toolbox.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

It is all so pretty--I love the wintery snow decore!

Devin and Brooke said...

I just found your blog and love it!!!

Brooke

http://startathome.blogspot.com

foreverdecorating said...

I like the idea of sprigs or even bookpage candles in the glass on the mantel. Your decor is so warm and inviting even in the winter.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Perfect winter decor...love it!

andrea@townandprairie said...

I think winter white is such a beautiful color scheme for the home. SO peaceful! This is definitely where my personal trends have been heading. andrea@townandprairie

Mariaelena said...

It all looks so nice Renee...I did the same this year, leaving some greens, pinecones and even my ivory xmas tree candles out...love your snowflakes...Mariaelena