Friday, January 27, 2012

Sweet Lavender Box


In between organizing and life, I do manage to sneak in a little creating. Rosemary from Villabarnes inspired me this time with her old world finishes. I had a small cigar box that I had painted lavender (just because it was the paint color I happened to grab). I decided to do a little old world finish (actually it looks more like a whitewash on my box) by using white gesso and wiping it off. I stenciled a number two and this is the result. I also decoupaged a vintage-inspired label on the inside lid and added some velvet paper to the bottom inside.






Visit thecsiproject.com

6 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your box looks fab, Renee. I love the fact that you finished it off inside as well. Thanks for the mention. Twice!

Vicki said...

The gesso gives a great look wiped on like that!

Tammy of {Tattered and Timeless} said...

Very nice indeed.

Susan said...

What a wonderful transformation on your box! I love visiting Rosemary, too, and tried a gesso project after reading her blog.
Your box looks amazing!
Thanks so much for your recent visit,
Susan

elizabeth said...

I was just thinking of googling about
gesso, since I have no idea what it is! It looks great though! Thanks so much for your kind comment on my gray shelf makeover!

kevin21 said...

sac a main chanel
tee shirts
bottes
sac5.com
sac louis vuitton
sac prada
chaussures5.com
chaussures louis vuitton
chaussures dunk sb
tee shirts.com
burberry pas cher
Tee shirts pas cher
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml