Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A "Souper" Easy Soup Recipe

You like easy, right? You like delicious, right? Well, then this post is for you.  
I absolutely love soup during the winter...especially homemade. I have two "go-to" soups that I make quite often. One is my Italian wedding soup; it's a recipe that I got from a friend, but I embellished it a bit. It's my family's favorite, but it really takes a long time to prepare.
The other is soup is one of my favorites because it's so easy, but it really, really tastes great. It's my recipe that I call Very Veggie Soupie (i know, I'm weird). I believe I got the idea for this one on the Internet, but, again, I changed it a bit to make it my own.
Ingredients:
1 large package of frozen mixed vegetables
4 cans of Vegetable broth (I use Swanson's because I like the flavor)
1 package of frozen chopped spinach
1 cup chopped onions
3 stalks of chopped celery
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can of diced tomatoes with garlic, basil and oregano
1/2 cup (uncooked) of acini de pepe pasta
Directions:
1. Heat the celery and onions in broth until tender, then add everything else but the noodles.
2. Bring to a slow boil and then let simmer for 30 minutes
3. Cook the noodles, drain, and add before serving.
That's it! Really. So good.
Linking to:

Visit thecsiproject.com

7 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Renee, oh wow, this does look and sound so good. I'm pinning it to my recipe board, yummy!!!

Keity said...

Happy to find your Blog today.
he soup sound so good I will prepare it for dinner somewhen this week:)

Andi said...

yum! I love the name! And I miss you too :) Sorry I have been MIA

Carmen said...

Hmmm, this sounds so yummy! When I saw the photo on my blog roll, I thought it was candy...so colorful!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Thanks for the recipe! It sounds yummy!!!

Audra @ Once a Mom Always a Cook said...

Thank you for sharing, sounds delish :) I have a cooking blog and would love for you to stop by!

stacie said...

Looks like a great soup to make in the slow cooker on a cold day.