Friday, February 24, 2012

Finished Order and More Bags




I recently sent our a huge etsy order of switchplates to a wonderful lady in Pennsylvania. I never met her in person, but would like to -- not just because she's a customer, but because she's so sweet. Anyway, she wanted a French and beachy theme for her beach house. I had a lot of fun with it. Just a sample above and on left.

Meanwhile, it’s only Day Three of my 40 Bags in 40 Days Challenge, but I’m up to six bags (I told you I would double up). Here’s what I cleaned: My son’s closet and the hall closet.

My son’s closet still needs a lot of help, but right now here’s what it looks like. We couldn't even close the door before we started. We took out the lower shelf because he’s older and needs to start hanging some of his dress clothes. 


Don't you just love the penguin--he holds my son's collection of bouncy balls (boys collect everything--hmm, I should talk.)
We got rid of a plethora of stuffed animals and clothes (clothes from his older brothers that would be out of style by the time he grew into them). Here are the three bags from his closet (there were actually four bags but I gave away the bag of wrestling sweatshirts to a neighbor). I managed to get two from my hall closet -- one was actually filled with trash...yep, just gloves with holes, old water bottles, broken toys. So, I'm feeling pretty good about getting this done. Tomorrow, I plan on tackling the mudroom between packing for Florida (I leave on Sunday!) and doing laundry.
Oh, and Rosemary from Villabarnes is having her last giveaway and it's one of the best ones!! Go here to enter.

7 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You are to be commended for all the de-cluttering!!! Love the switch plates, BTW!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Those switch plates are so pretty! Good for you on the de-cluttering. When we recently moved I got rid of probably at least 40 bags of stuff. It is so much easier to live without tons of extra stuff.

Tammy @ Type A said...

love the switch plates!

Andi said...

Hey Lady!! Great switch plates! And you are rockin the 40 bag challenge! great job!

Jamie said...

the switch plates are gorgeous! have fun in florida

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Pack light because it's been right down balmy! The forecast calls for rain Monday and Tuesday but I'm hoping they're wrong. Can't wait to meet you!!

Beth said...

love those switch plates still! thanks so much for the wonderful gift!!! : ) Its on my desk right now!