Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Bridal Shower Tea Party

Just last weekend, I hosted a bridal shower tea party for my future daughter-in-law. It was so much fun to plan and even more fun having it!! I tried some new recipes and with the help of one of her lovely bridesmaids, we actually pulled it off. Here are the results (I bet you'll be hungry after reading this!).
 Invites designed by my sister and me.

Everyone got to choose their own tea cup to keep! I've been collecting them for more than 30 years (time to purge!!)




Fun little game. Winner got to keep the pitcher and candy.


I designed these letters and created the tea caddy from an old toolbox.


I created the cake/cookie plates from candlesticks and dishes. Collected a bunch of vintage plates just for this shower. I love them!


Teabag shortbread cookies dipped in dark mint chocolate!

Apple and puff pastry roses...hard to make, but oh, aren't they pretty?!

Lemon curd blossoms. 
Easy as pie!

Lots of goodies!

The bride-to-be and me  (in our party hats!)
Linking to Make it Pretty Monday at  the Dedicated House. Visit here.

5 comments:

Kathryn Griffin said...

Renee, I love the idea of picking your favorite teacup and saucer! The food looks amazing...you made my mouth water! Congrats to your son and future daughter-in-law! Blessings on them! Thank you for popping over to The Dedicated House and the sweet comment! It means the world! Feel free to share your post at my Make it Pretty Monday party which is currently live. Here is the link if you want to check it out. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2017/03/make-pretty-monday-week-210.html Have a beautiful rest of the week! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Unknown said...

I am in love with this bridal shower tea party. Everything looks so lovely in these photos. My best friend just got married at some domestic wedding venues and I had hosted a backyard DIY party for her. It was arranged by my mom and sister. They also did fantastic work.

Ashley Urke | Domestic Fashionista said...

What a beautiful shower! Love the tea cups to take home and your cute party hats!

lg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
3nod maka said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.