Sunday, December 4, 2011

Craft Show Wrap Up and Display Ideas

So, I'm quite exhausted. The craft show was a lot of work and well, frankly, not worth it. I did make some money, but only made one third of what I made last year. Crowds were sparse. I did have a blast with my sister, though, and got to see people that I haven't seen in a long time, so it was successful in that way.

 I took some photos of my space with my phone (wish I would have brought an area rug to hide that orange red floor)!


 My wine charms were a big hit (they are also a big hit in my shop). I let customers decide which ribbon they wanted and I think they liked that.
 This table and chair set got a lot of looks, but no takers. It's my last furniture piece and I really want to sell it. The gift tags did not sell and i was so surprised as they were only three dollars. I displayed them on a tray and held them up with these diamond shaped crystal ornaments (everyone wanted to buy the ornaments, which, of course, I didn't make).
I only sold two sets of magnets, which also surprised me as they were priced pretty low. I displayed my joy wine charms in a muffin tray and on the tree (which people also wanted to buy -- the tree, mean).
I really liked how this part of my display turned out...got a lot of compliments and sold two boxes and three of my bags.

Switch plates were displayed next to my magazine article...I sold all but two, and got a custom order, so that was great!

One last look. So glad to be home...tomorrow I'm going to start decorating the house.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

I love how you used those shutters! Your entire booth looked awesome. So glad you were able to sell so many switch plates... they are your signature!

Cassie Bustamante said...

everything looks wonderful, renee! i love how eclectic and unique your booth is! i am sorry crowds were sparse... i stopped by chartreuse on friday and it was busy but not as packed as i expected, so i think it is just the economy honestly.

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh, and i featured your camo project!

Vicki said...

I think it is just a sign of the times. Your booth looks great. Hope you enjoy the decorating!

Ali Richardson said...

Wow Renee, your space looks great! Sorry it wasn't as busy as last year, but sister time is always a good plus :) Happy decorating!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I think your space looked great!!! Congrats on the switchplates!!!

Blessings from Cindy said...

Your booth looks great! I didn't do a show this year & really glad I didn't. I was wondering how the economy would effect sales; now I know. I'm doing Etsy this year & have done pretty good for being a newbie.
Blessings,
Cindy