Thursday, December 22, 2011

Last Minute Teacher's Gifts and Big News in Our Household!!!

Sorry about the lack of posting...we have had holiday party after party, a band concert and my son's National Geography Bee -- which he just won!!!! We are very proud of this great little guy who beat out all of his classmates. Studying does pay off (tell your kids). Anyway, he won the school Bee and now has to take a test to compete at the state level...kind of hard since only one person from our school in 12 years has moved onto the states. I guess he has more studying to do! He won a globe, an atlas, a medal and a tee shirt (XL...hmmm).
Here he receiving his award (sorry lighting in the gym was bad and mom was shaking with excitement). Now, on to those last minute gifts:



Well, I thought I had my act together, but  forgot that I forgot (get that) the secretaries at my school and the phys-ed teacher. Ugh! So, last night, I went through my stash of goodies from Michaels and found these mini loaf pans...didn't have time to bake anything so I grabbed and wrapped some previously baked Christmas cookies (made a ton) and placed them in the pans. I added a snowflake ornament and then, wrapped everything with cellophane and tied pretty Christmas ribbons around them. Still, I thought I was missing something so I added some of these candy-shaped soaps (also purchased at Michaels). I love how they turned out! 


Oh, and since my son didn't like the idea of giving cookies to the gym teacher, we filled his with protein and energy bars!

7 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

yay!!!!!! congrats that is awesome news!!!!!! so happy for your family! he looks so proud!

stacie said...

Way to go Kellen!

A Vintage Vine said...

He is so cute,...plus, smart! Wow, you should be proud, that is a BIG accomplishment! He probably can spell words I can only hope to get right! HAHA! Give him a High 5 from all your blogging friends!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

WOW! Congrats to your son! What a wonderful accomplishment! And I like his idea of the protein bars and healthy goodies! I'd like for him to make MY basket! Merry Christmas! ♥♥♥

Blessings from Cindy said...

That is the coolest! Congrats to your son!! Merry Christmas!
Blessings,
Cindy

Evelene S said...

Congratulations to your son and to the happy parents!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Congrats to your son!! I bet he's proud as I'm sure yall are too.