Friday, May 18, 2012

Grad Party Ideas

Can you tell I'm getting in the party mood? Actually, I'm taking a break from helping my youngest son with his 5th grade state float...don't worry, he's doing 90% of the work. I'm just providing ideas and showing him how to implement them.Yep, it's 10 PM on a Friday night and we had a busy evening...First, a band concert, then we went to Rita's for Italian Ice and now back at the house constructing a float. I'm such a socialite!
I'm beat, so I did what any good mom would do...grabbed a glass of wine and headed over to Pinterest to stir my creativity and plan for my graduating senior's upcoming party. He's taking a gap year to work and travel the world before he heads to college the following year so, I'm going with a travel theme. Here are some cool ideas I may use:
I love the idea of using vintage suitcases...so, cool.

And, the map banner? I'm doing it!
The Post It note on brown paper (below) is kind of cool, but I think the Post Its might fall off in the humid Maryland air, so, I'll probably do a variation.
 And, these ...well, they ROCK! Okay, enough wine. I need some sleep.

 (source)


1 comment:

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

I need to do the same!! I am looking for inspiration for a great graduation party to!!