Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ideas for a Baseball Themed Party

I promised I would show you a few more pictures of the teacher's appreciation luncheon we hosted last week...so, here they are. You could use these ideas when planning any baseball or sports themed party-- whether it be for kids or adults.
To add height to the back of the tabletop, my friend Wendy used little plastic baskets from the dollar store turned upside down and covered them with a tablecloth. They not only added interest, but provided a resting spot for the cold drinks and bins of peanuts.

Speaking of peanuts, another mom created these graphics for our school "team."
I love the "ice cold" sign she made, too...

And, here's a simple centerpiece...fill a large glass vase or ice bucket with baseballs...you could substitute golf or tennis balls if you need a different theme. Or use the popcorn holder centerpiece!


And finally, here's a better view of the concession sign my friend Victoria made...I love the detail. It's on poster board, but it looks like a chalk board (even in real life).
That's it. I'm currently working on ideas for my son's graduation party...too bad he doesn't play baseball...
Linking to: 




5 comments:

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Loved the fun ideas!!

Diane said...

Oh, my husband and son would love this! Such an adorable idea!! I have not had breakfast, yet, so I really like the idea of the peanuts and Cracker Jacks. Thanks for sharing!

The Tablescaper said...

Such great ideas! And pulling off a masculine party is always so much harder. Do come visit and see my son's Steak House party.

Also, I'd love to have you link this to Seasonal Sundays, my weekly meme.

- The Tablescaper

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love the ideas!

Denise said...

I love stuff like this. So fun for everyone. I think males often pretend to not care one way or the other, but in the end, they LOVE stuff like this too.

Great job!