Friday, June 3, 2011

A little bit of Shabby Chic

Yesterday, I finished my latest keepsake box. I was tempted to stamp it with French script as I do most of my other boxes, but I controlled myself. This one, I painted a creamy off white and then antiqued it with an umber glaze. I then added a wood embellishment (also painted and antiqued). 


Inside, I used Mod Podge to decoupage ripped mulberry paper. And, 
just to appease myself I stamped it randomly with French script! 


Getting ready for an extremely busy weekend of lacrosse, soccer and graduation parties! Don't forget to enter my giveaway at The DIY Club this month!

2 comments:

stacie said...

The box turned out really pretty, love the mulberry paper lining.

Jen said...

Just found your blog and looove this box, you made it - wow!!! it is stunning! Looking forward to reading more!
Jen xo