Friday, June 17, 2011

Surprise Vintage Goodies!

I love surprises! These were waiting on my doorstep this morning.  The elderly friend's daughter I was helping knew I was into vintage items and thought I would like these few things! Beautiful pearl hair combs.


Tons, and I mean tons, of vintage buttons were in this cool red vintage candy tin.


Some buttons with original packaging.



Some exquisite buttons.






A completely different cigar box...never saw one like this (and then again, I don't smoke cigars). I think I will paint it and use it to store my new stash. 




Love it!

A Little Knick Knack

8 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

you are going to have some serious fun with those buttons! and i love the mother of pearl combs... they would be so beautiful on a bride.

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

That's a button mother load!! They are so pretty. Have fun.

I don't smoke either but I find all cigar things (boxes, molds, etc.) fascinating for some reason.

Peggy said...

Like one of those button cards says, it's your "luckyday"! Score! I love vintage buttons.

Evelene S said...

Oh Renee I am a lot bit envious of those buttons and that cigar box. You are one lucky gal and sweet to boot.

stacie said...

I love the buttons. Share?

Jane said...

Oh my!! What a great gift!! I could spend hours going through all of those buttons!
Jane

Debbie Geiger said...

Hi just found your site and love it.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Lucky you! I bet your creative juices are flowing now! I can see some of those gorgeous buttons adorning your decorative boxes!