Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dreaming of Dragonflies


My friend Cassie gave me this darling little scalloped-edge mirror, which I painted a very pale pink. I decided to accent it with lime green and black to give it some pizazz. The dragonflies (another favorite theme of mine) add movement to the piece and the rhinestones add some glam! I've taken some close-ups of the details so you can see them a little better. I'm finding out that mirrors are very hard to photograph. First, you have to be aware of what's going on in the reflection so it doesn't distract from the mirror's design. Then, you have to be careful not to position the flash so it creates kind of a flash back. I tried my best, but maybe I need to barter with a professional photographer to get this done a little better!


I'm off to my studio (warehouse) this week to work on a sweet little table and chair set...also painted a very pale pink. I plan to accent the pale pink with black, periwinkle and a soft green...any requests or ideas before I begin adding my final touches?

Check out my website at:
http://web.me.com/rzemanski/Where_The_Grass_is_Greener/Welcome.html

1 comment:

stacie said...

I love the color combination of the lime green & light pink!