Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another Rainy Day = Productivity


I do love rainy days. I have so much to do and it feels great to be inside and be productive. Our power was out until about noon because of the rain (our power goes out just about every time the wind blows), so the kids amused themselves by playing board games and tag. The teenagers amused themselves by sleeping in. Me, I went to work taking photos of my new shabby chic magnets for my Country Chic section of my shop. I made the magnets last night in between writing articles ... I needed a break ... sitting at my computer for more than a few hours gets to me (unlike my teenagers who could sit for days).

Anyway, here's a few pictures of the magnets that I made from the plethora of vintage jewelry and vintage rhinestones that I have stored in my closet. They were fun to make and actually fun to photograph! I'm going to make a few a day until I run out of jewelry. That should take about a couple of months!
Good news! My shop, Country Tag Sale was just featured in another Etsy Treasury (free publicity). That makes 7 in the last couple months -- 8 total!!
Even bigger news...I made a sale at my other shop, Where The Grass is Greener. I sold the jewelry box that I promised to show you all (the one that I decoupaged with vintage papers, specialty papers, gold leaf and embossing). Well, it's packed and ready to ship to the buyer, but here's a peek!


Well, I've got to get back to writing...deadlines loom.

2 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

glad that things are picking up with your etsy shops! that is great!

stacie said...

The magnets look great! I really like the decoupaged box too.