Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tag Sale Tales

I had the best time today! Started at 8 am at a tag sale and stayed for one hour! This lady had so much vintage jewelry and vintage everything that I just couldn't leave. I purchased a gift bag full of vintage earring pieces for $3.75...so many possibilities! I also got a beautiful wood/metal candelabra that was made by Lenox. It's a bright yellow with fake plastic lemons, but again, the possibilities! I'll show you a before and after.
Moving on, I went to two church rummage sales and walked around for another hour. My big find was a Federal depression glass sherbet dish -- 20 cents! I also scored two sets of vintage salt and pepper shakers. (See one pair above.)
Went to another sale on the way home and picked these awesome vintage croquet balls...I'm keeping three and selling five in my shop.
Finally, I had to run back out to get some dinner ingredients and wouldn't you know, there was an estate sale right down the street! I think I'm a little insane. The lady was packing up and I got some sweet bargains that I'm actually keeping for myself. Two absolutely beautiful ceramic china pieces for a whooping total of $1.50. I won't even tell you what I passed up...some day I will kick myself, but you've got to have a limit (or a super huge house). Anyway, a fun and productive day. I even made two more shabby chic magnets for my store!
The rest of the day we spent playing cards and cleaning the basement (it flooded last week, so we had to purge a lot...thank God, nothing valuable).
Tomorrow, it's a family hike out to one of our favorite spots -- Great Falls, Md. Well, need a good night sleep, so catch up with you on Monday!

1 comment:

The Kramer Angle said...

I love the croquet balls! Nice score!