Thursday, August 26, 2010
That aside, I am also anticipating a surge in sales for the holiday season so I'm working hard and building my inventory. One thing I've enjoyed creating are little jewelry boxes. I found some little wood boxes at a flea market and some at a garage sale. Here's one I just made for my etsy shop. I like it because It has a vintage feel to it. Here's how I did it:
1. Painted the box black with black gesso and an acrylic paint.
2. Stamped the box with a French script block and a permanent white ink.
3. Then I cut out a vintage photo from some scrapbook paper I had laying around (but you can use an actual photo if you have one.) I distressed the edge of the paper and used an antiqued, distressed ink around the edges.
4. Then I stamped another piece of scrap paper with my "girlfriends" stamp and did the same treatment to that paper.
5. I then coated it all with Mod Podge, twice.
5. I affixed pieces of vintage jewelry to the top and as a little knob and there you have it!
Next time, I'll do a step-by-step with pictures! Oh, I did the same thing with my French-themed box (above to the right).