Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Bigger Picture (Frame)







I love picture frames. I look for interesting ones at every yard sale I attend. I recreate them for myself and for my etsy shop, but when I read Donna's post at Funky Junk Interiors, I realized that a picture frame can mean literally anything that holds a picture or pictures of your loved ones. Take the one above...it's a rusty old gate that my sis gave me a long time ago. It sits in my office and displays generations of my family and my husband's family. Some are even hanging in traditional frames. 



Of course, I wanted to include a picture of my boys on this "frame," but it looked out of place with all these time-worn, sepia-toned memories. That's when I started experimenting with iPhoto and came up with an "antiqued" photo of my own. My favorite picture of my three loves in sepia!
Last, but certainly not least, I want to thank Carmen of Beyond the Fringe, for the sweet (literally) sugar cube scrubs that she sent me along with a wonderful green tea lemongrass soap. Here are the sugar cubes waiting to be used ... don't they look deliciously pretty?






And today, I'm linking to Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special:

6 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I love your gate turned picture holder. Such a wonderful piece!

Vicki said...

I love old garden gates. Yours looks beautiful! There is one waiting to be purchased at my local antique store. I just don't have the wall space for it. A girl can dream! Visiting from SNS. Great post!

Carmen said...

That garden gate picture holder is such a great idea!! Really cute! Thanks for featuring the sugar scrubs also! Thanks so much for the use of the photo...I'm really behind and have to get things caught up! LOL...what's new! Glad you are enjoying them!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Love love LOVE the gate idea! Something so simple looks so stunning. I may do the same to my own gate. Cool idea. :)

Donna

Jane said...

Your gate is an awesome piece and works great to display photos. I've seen some gates at some of my local antique stores but none as cool as that one.
Jane

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Such a clever way to use your gate.....thanks for sharing it with me! I haven't decided what to do with mine yet, but I'm leaning toward using it as a faux fireplace screen. There are so many things you can do with one....hugs...