Monday, February 7, 2011

Baby Boys and Baby Girls


The creativity process is a funny thing. I love what I do, but sometimes doing custom orders makes me a little stressed out. Take, for instance, the sign above. That is "take 3" on the sign. My client asked for a pink shabby chic sign for her baby girl's room. Simple enough. She even sent me a photo of her bedding. It was beautiful -- soft pink and white with roses. I knew exactly what I was going to do ...or so I thought. After playing around with it, I created a pretty sign with larger soft pink roses, however, I wasn't happy with it. I guess I could have sent it because it was nice, but I just didn't love it. I wish I did because after it was all said and done, I put way too much time into this sign. I woke up the next day and took it all apart...had to re-sand and repaint sections of it. I created another sign with vintage jewels on it (didn't glue them this time) and didn't like that one either. 
Finally, when I was digging through my stash, I found these very drippy pink flowers...perfect! I finally finished it (now, I secretly want to keep it).


With the baby boy blocks, I had a different challenge...trying to come up with something generic and baby boyish. You would think that since I have three boys, I would have a lot of supplies, but I don't. This is what I came up with after several dry runs. Sometimes I wish I didn't care so much, but it's a funny thing --the creativity process -- or am I the only nut out there?








Becolorful

5 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

No, you're not a nut....you're a perfectionist! That's why your creations are such a success! Both designs are great!!!
Sherry

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love the sweet dreams... so "sweet" for lack of a better word!

Unknown said...

Wonderful blog!^^
HI! my name's martina and I come from Italy... I'd like you visit my blog and if you want... follow me! I wait you and your tips! kiss kiss :D

marti
Glamour Marmalade
http://www.glamourmarmalade.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I agree totally with the comment Sherry made! But even if you are a nut, I'd still purchase from you - I LOVE your work!

Megan Gunyan said...

Ooooh, very cute!