Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fun Idea: Valentine's Day Treasures

Every year, I have a "I lost my heart in..." treasure hunt for my kids. And, yes, even the teens participate (because it means they get food and candy). I create clues that resemble the sayings on those candy hearts.
Example: "You're just my Type" would lead to the typewriter.

Once they reach their destination, they find the treasure...usually lots of candy, cookies and sometimes cash.

Just a little idea from me to you.


Have a warm and loving Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

How cute AND fun! I think my boys would enjoy doing this anytime of year. After all, the prize is cookies!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is a great idea! too bad my kids can't quite read yet- maybe next year!

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Renee what a WONDERFUL idea....Next year can I come visit you for Valentines Day.... :o) ??!!

Speaking of visiting....You KNOW you'd be more than WELCOME to fly down here for some good old fashioned HR....!!!

Hope you're having a WONDERFUL week Lovey....!

Cheers from Oz,
Tamarah :o)