Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Finds and a “Summer” Series


Went to a huge estate sale the other day, but it was a disappointment for me as I expected to come home with a cartful of goodies (not for my husband, though, who was so happy I didn’t come home with a trailer attached). I can say that there was an enormous amount of stuff, but it was mostly tables full of broken or chipped crystal and china.
However, I did score these sweet little bottles (above) for my windowsill (or I may sell them in my Country Tag Sale shop -- not quite sure yet, but don’t you love the color?)

I also bought this pretty china plate, which I quickly converted into a cake plate with the help of some Gorilla Super glue and an iron candlestick I bought at a previous yard sale. Did I ever tell you that I have a “thing” for cake plates?


On another note, I went to the Annapolis Home Show as part of my job (home and garden editor for What’s Up Annapolis magazine) and got to interview Summer Baltzer from HGTV’s Design on a Dime and TLC’s Unhinged. She was gracious enough to grant me about an hour of her time to share some design trends and insight with me. I’ll be sharing some of her wisdom on this very blog in the next few days! So, stay tuned for the latest design trends from someone who knows.

Also, I will be writing a series of online articles based on this interview for What's Up? over the next few weeks so check that out, too.
Linking to Metamorphosis Monday

6 comments:

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I have a thing for cake plates too! I have to control myself though because I really don't have any where to display them. I love the bottles too.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I'm so excited that you got to interview Summer. She's so talented. I can't wait to hear her insights. Love the cake plate and those blue bottles!...great score!!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

the cake stand looks adorable!
and so exciting to meet summer!

A Vintage Vine said...

Looking forward to the article....lovely finds!

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Heya Renee....!

Sorry to hear the sale was a fizzler but I'm LOVIN' what you did manage to find....The glass pieces are GORGEOUS & I LOVE how the light makes them look so CRISP & clear....The plate is GORGEOUS & makes a PERFECT cake stand....!

CONGRATS on the interview....I can't wait to read it....!

Enjoy the rest of your week Lovey....!

Cheers from Oz,
Tamarah :o)

Jane said...

Hi Renee,
Design on a Dime was always one of my favorite HGTV shows. It sounds like Summer was very nice and I'm looking forward to hearing what she shared with you.
Love the bottles! Your picture is just gorgeous!!
Jane