Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Little Blocks of Inspiration


I enjoy creating signs for my Etsy shop, but I always seem to end up with these scraps of wood. Not wanting anything to go to waste, I use the scraps to create these little desktop inspirations.
If you've been following me, you know that I've been experimenting with the Venetian plasterer technique. So, I decided to experiment some more on these little blocks, trying different colors and glazing techniques.
So, these are the results.


The brownish-rust one below was a gift to Tracy of Tracy's Trinkets &Treasures for designing my beautiful button (see sidebar).
That's all today. Stay tuned for a paint tutorial later this week! 

Domestically Speaking

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those little blocks are really neat. I love the last one listed. Thanx for sharing. The Cranky Queen

stacie said...

I love how they turned out. Very cool technique.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I've seen that technique used on a big wall. I would never have thought to use it on a small block of wood. Great idea! They look wonderful!!!