Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend Finds and Some Presents!


Well. I had a nice surprise Saturday when I arrived home after my lacrosse and soccer chauffeur duties. There was a box on my doorstep from Sherry at Back2Vintage filled with all of these awesome metal tins. She sent them to me because she thought I could create something from them...well, some of them are so pretty, I can't touch them and will use them as storage for all my little finds.

Others, I will either paint or decoupage...not really sure just yet. Any ideas? I know there is spray paint that works on metal, but not so sure about other paints...anyone ever try painting metal?
As for the rest of the weekend...I did manage to hit a monthly flea market without a ton of luck (maybe I'm just getting picky, but I haven't fond much I've like lately. I did pick up these great frame and some wooden letters (probably from a vintage puzzle) and one big wooden Z to put on my mantle (my last name starts with a Z).

That's all. Have a great rest of the weekend.

4 comments:

Jane said...

What a nice gift from Sherry, they are pretty tins.
I love your mantel. That's the look I want for my upstairs mantel. The basement mantel is perfect for all my junk but the upstairs one needs to be a bit more tranquil....I love what you've done, it looks very elegant!
Happy Sunday.
Jane

Cassie Bustamante said...

how sweet! have fun with them!

Vicki said...

Renee I love that gate piece and your frames. Just gorgeous! Fun tins. What a lucky girl you are.

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Hi Renee....!

LOVE your tins....They WILL come in handy for teeny weeny Treasures.... :o) !!

We have a product in Oz called / by White Night....It's a paint specifically for metal items....I use the clear spray (poly) on my rusty stuff & as an undercoat if I want to treat something PRIOR to a new paint job....I'd say you'd have something similar there.... :o) !!

Your mantle looks YUMMY with your white frames, vase & tulips....Makes me want to DITCH the VINTAGE & the JUNK & just go SHABBY....!!

THANKS for your comment earlier....If you ever do find one & it's PERFECT & want to pass it on let me know....Perhaps we can do an International Trade....!!

Hope your week is coming along WONDERFULLY....!

Cheers from Oz,
Tamarah :o)