Wednesday, May 4, 2011

All Buttoned Up

I'm sorry for the lag time between postings. I have been busy with the kids and school stuff. I forget that every April/May, my life goes into overdrive with sports, recitals, projects, field trips in addition to my work. So, what have i been doing? Well, for one, I finally finished this sweet little box that I've been working on for about a year (I know it doesn't look like it). I think I painted it three different colors and finally decided on Robin's Egg Blue (yes, again). Then I couldn't decide what to do next so it sat and sat. I've always wanted to use buttons on a piece so that's what I ended up doing with this one. After painting it and stamping it and slightly distressing it, I decided it needed a little more so I popped on a few buttons and here it is!
But, what I've really been doing in my spare time is spring cleaning along with moving all my art supplies out of my son's room into a new location (he's coming back from school next week). So, this is what I'm dealing with  (on left): not a pretty sight.

2 comments:

Andi said...

very cute!!! great color combo! good luck with the spring cleaning.

Jane said...

The box turned out very cute!
I was hoping to get my son's bedroom painted before he came home from school. I only have this weekend left so it's highly doubtful it will get done!! His room has become extra storage for me too.
Jane