Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

Things are moving slow here at the Zemanski's...well, Christmas is anyway. We are crazy busy with sports, work, refinancing, shopping. We still didn't get our Christmas tree! Maybe tonight.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share with you two sweet little trees I created. I think my sister gave me these two unfinished wood trees -- well, I got them somewhere other than a store -- so, I decided to finish them. They just happened to be sitting beside me when I was painting my side table and I had some leftover Benjamin Moore Fernwood Green paint. So, they each got a coat of Fernwood Green. I set them aside, for a while. Then came the craft show and I decided that I needed to finish them.
Out came the box of vintage buttons and bottle of Gorilla Glue. I created one with all white buttons and then one with white and gray buttons. They looked unfinished and I knew I needed to add presents or something to the base, but what?

I actually wrapped these tiny presents and they ended up looking tacky, so I began my search through my stashes of vintage findings ... what about more buttons and bobbins? Perfect! And there you have it folks -- little trees -- perfect for a seamstress or anyone! I sold the all-white one at my craft show to someone who really appreciated it ... I could tell. She held it up and was so excited to see the bobbin with the green thread still on it (my kind of gal). So glad she bought it.I'm linking to:A Little Knick Knack
Visit thecsiproject.com

8 comments:

Carmen said...

This is really cute Renee! So creative!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

very cute! love the button ornies!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

What a great idea to use the buttons!

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one late getting a tree. Good luck!

Allison said...

Nice! I knew you would do something great with those trees! They are very nice... soft and beautiful.
Stay warm.. heard a little snow is coming..

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

These are just adorable. The buttons look like little ornaments and the vintage bobbin and other presents give the perfect finishing touch.
I love vintage sewing items and use them all the time in my jewelry. Thanks for sharing...so cute.

Lisa said...

LOVE! This is so darn cute! Thank you so much for sharing this great idea!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Those button trees are so cute.

Megan Gunyan said...

Adorable! I love the addition of the bobbins and buttons! How cute. Thanks for sharing!

I hope you can join my vintage tag giveaway going on now! Merry Christmas!
alittleknickknack.blogspot.com